I’ve just gone through my whole diary for 2014 to see what actually happened last year. I’m glad I did, it’s reminded me of all the cool stuff that happened. Out of the crazy big list, some highlights that made me smile were:
· Opening for and training with TJ and Dave.
· Directing Oh Boy! The Quantum Leap Show and taking it up to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. A particular highlight was playing Sam at our Maydays improv residential, Osho Leela.
· Geekeasy, our Project2 comedy night for nerds. I’m so proud of how it’s gone so far and it’s lovely playing with my besties Chris Mead and Jon Monkhouse.
· The Liverpool Improvathon was just incredible. I didn’t believe that improv could be that good in such a context. I learned a lot, had a really, really fun time and made some new chums. Nell Mooney and Ed Croft were particularly awesome.
· The Hoopla Panto was also a total surprise highlight, I wasn’t a fan of panto, but I’m a huge fan of that team and that show. Steve Roe is ever the antidote to me being in my head.
· I’ve started podcasting improv shows with my husband, Tony Harris and that’s a total joy because we’re both learning so much new stuff. We even did an improv show as a podcast first and a stage show second.
· I’ve had the pleasure of coaching some really good shows including Jinni Lyons is an Only Child.
· I’ve had some super gigs with Who Ya Gonna Call? We beat our Edinburgh take from 2013, played the Albany and did a Ghostbusters commentary at a Picturehouse cinema with Cine Fringe. We have clocked up more than 50 gigs and I’m still thoroughly enjoying the show.
· I played a time travelling Rimmer-type character in Theatre Delicatessen’s Spaced 2014 Forked Path show The Baker Street Butcher and had a real blast.
· It’s been lovely teaching longform for Hoopla and seeing all the new talent growing.
There were so many things. I did various bits of filming and voiceover stuff, saw some terrific shows, made a solo show, went to Croatia on my hols and generally had a pretty great year.
2015 is the big launch year for Yes Ampersand, the new night for two person improvisation. I’m excited about that, about doing more Maydays, Project2, Katy & Rach, podcast shows and getting my USA fix in the summer.